KWQ001 - Persistent Volume and Storage Web Quest
Storage and data persistence is essential in most application environments. With kubernetes, a network storage solution becomes important due to the immutable deployments of pods which can spawn on new nodes every time with a typical deployment. The purpose of this web quest is to understand the storage options, data peristence and dynamic provisioning of data.
Your task is to work in your group, research on the storage systems and persistent volumes that kubernetes is compatible with and make recommendations. You will try to find answers to the following questions and present on the topic briefly.
- Explain the concept of dynamic provisioning
- Which are the storage classes that have internal provisioners ?
- Which storage solution would you use in your organisation ? Why? How would your storage and provisioning system ? Explain briefly
Following is the process you could loosely follow,
- Start researching on web and reading individually about the topic. Reference the links and articles in the resources section while you do so.
- Reflect on how it could apply to your work environment. Speak with with the relevant teams in your organisation if needed gain insights into current implementation, what are the issues being faced. Think about how you could you apply the knowledge you have researched on.
- Have a group discussion with within your group, exchange what you have learnt as well as your experience with the topic in your prior/existing projects. You may come up with the notes and common points you would like to present.
- Prepare a short 5/10 minutes presentation to explain the topic and answer the questions given in the task section above.