KWQ003 - Ingress Web Quest
Ingress controllers adds layer7 load balancing, reverse proxy and intelligent http routing capabilities to kubernetes cluster. The purpose of this Web Quest is to compare the ingress controllers available, and make recommendations based on the merit that you find in those.
Your task is to work in your group, research on ingress controllers, and try to find answers to the following questions. You will present on the topic briefly.
- If you have to choose between LoadBalancer as a service type and a Ingress Controller which one would you choose? Why?
- List down some of the most popular ingress controllers ? How do they compare, what are the key differences ?
- How do you make ingress controllers pick up configurations when a new service/deployment is created.
- Which ingress controller would you use ? Why?
Following is the process you could loosely follow,
- Start researching on web and reading individually about the topic. Reference the links and articles in the resources section while you do so.
- Reflect on how it could apply to your work environment. Speak with with the relevant teams in your organisation if needed gain insights into current implementation, what are the issues being faced. Think about how you could you apply the knowledge you have researched on.
- Have a group discussion with within your group, exchange what you have learnt as well as your experience with the topic in your prior/existing projects. You may come up with the notes and common points you would like to present.
- Prepare a short 5/10 minutes presentation to explain the topic and answer the questions given in the task section above.